Five steps in leading someone to Christ, from Pastor Hayfords teaching tape
"How to Be a Faithful Witness: How to Lead a Person to Jesus" (tape #3885) are:
- We are presenting them with the Lord Jesus (John 3:16)
Youve come to "receive" because a gift is being given. The gift only
becomes valid when the person its intended for, receives it. Confess with our mouth
the Lord Jesus... we will be saved (Romans 10:9).
He is the Savior (come to seek and save the lost). That He rose from the dead proves that
He is everything that He said. When we are saved, our name is registered in Heaven (Luke 10:20;
- Present the promises of acceptance, forgiveness, assurance and eternal life. We are
fully accepted and entirely forgiven (John 1:12; 6:37).
- Invite the seeker to prayer as an action of faith in Gods promises (John 16:24).
- Lead in a prayer of decision to receive Jesus Christ and to follow Him forever (Revelation
- Affirm their obedience to God and pray a prayer of thanksgiving. After youve
prayed with someone to receive Christ, aim them forward (i.e., provide resources, etc. -- Philippians